Working over or near water can expose workers to a range of hazards, including injuries from falls, hypothermia, and drowning. This course discusses best practices for working over or near water, including the proper use of common types of personal flotation devices (PFDs). This course also offers information on what to do in “man overboard” (MOB) situations, including survival tactics and recovery practices.
- Identify the main hazards of working over water, near water, and on marine vessels
- Describe the five types of personal flotation devices (PFDs), including their uses
- Identify safe work practices for working over water, near water, and on marine vessels
- State the definition of "hypothermia" and list its symptoms and effects on the body
- List survival factors, recovery practices, and survival methods in a "man overboard" situation
28 Minutes (17 min. video + 11 min. test)
PLEASE NOTE: All DVDs include a link printed on the inside cover for customers to download printable tests and other documents.