This course covers safe work practices for excavation and trenching work. It is meant to be used as an introductory or refresher course for construction workers involved in digging or working in an excavation. It is based on OSHA Construction regulations and industry best practices.
- Dangers associated with trench and excavation work
- The role of the competent person
- Soil types
- Protective systems (sloping, shielding, and shoring)
- Rules for sloping excavation walls
- The importance of inspections
- Basic safe work practice
- OSHA 29 CFR 1926 Subpart P: Excavations
- Industry Best Practices
32 Minutes (20 min. video + 12 min. test)
PLEASE NOTE: All DVDs include a link printed on the inside cover for customers to download printable tests and other documents.