Corrosives are substances that damage or destroy other substances on contact. Most are strong acids, strong bases, or concentrated solutions of weak acids or weak bases. To safely store and handle corrosives, read the container labels and safety data sheets, and follow the requirements and precautions they contain. Also follow the storage and handling best practices for hazardous chemicals and corrosives for your workplace and listed in this course, and keep an accurate inventory at all times.
- Define the terms “corrosive” and “corrosion”
- List hazards that are associated with corrosives
- Describe the requirements for workplace chemicals in OSHA’s HazCom Standard
- List the information included in labels on chemical containers • List storage and handling best practices for hazardous chemicals
- List storage and handling best practices for corrosives
Based on: 29 CFR 1910 (2016): Hazard Communication Standard
32 Minutes (20 min. video + 12 min. test)
PLEASE NOTE: All DVDs include a link printed on the inside cover for customers to download printable tests and other documents.