Steam is used around the world in many different ways. In industrial environments, it is commonly used for power generation and in heating and drying applications. When used properly, steam is one of the cleanest, most efficient, and safest forms of energy in use. However, employees should be prepared and aware of the hazards present when working around steam pipes in order to avoid accidents and injuries. This course describes the hazards presented by steam pipes, how to prevent them, as well as how to properly inspect, insulate, and label steam pipes.
- How steam is created
- Hazards presented by hot steam pipes and associated equipment
- Inspection of steam pipes, steam condensate pipes, steam vent pipes, lagging and valves
- Steam pipe and valve insulation
- Steam pipe labeling
- Proper personal protective equipment
- Responding to medical emergencies
31 Minutes (19 min. video + 12 min. test)
PLEASE NOTE: All DVDs include a link printed on the inside cover for customers to download printable tests and other documents.