RCRA - Emergencies, Inspections, and Training
Train your employees how to minimized the potential of a hazardous waste release. This includes the emergency preparedness and prevention standards and the required employee training and documentation.Training time 26 Minutes
The Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) was passed by congress in 1976 to manage hazardous wastes. RCRA regulations apply to any company that generates, transports, treats, stores, or disposes of hazardous waste. The goal of the emergency preparedness and prevention standards is to minimize the potential of a hazardous waste release and the resulting affects to human health and the environment. This course covers the required equipment needed for emergency preparedness, contingency plans, emergency procedures, inspection requirements, frequency, and logs, as well as personal training requirements and documentation.
- List the requirements of the emergency preparedness and prevention standards
- Describe a contingency plan
- Describe the responsibilities of the emergency coordinator
- Identify the items that should be included in a written inspection schedule
- List the areas and equipment that must be inspected, and identify the required inspection frequency
- List the items that should be on a typical inspection
- List the information required to document personnel training
- 40 CFR 264 - Standards for Owners and Operators of Hazardous Waste Treatment, Storage, and Disposal Facilities
26 Minutes (16 min. video + 10 min. test)
PLEASE NOTE: All DVDs include a link printed on the inside cover for customers to download printable tests and other documents.