Portable loading ramps, also called portable loading docks, forklift ramps, mobile ramps, or yard ramps, provide access to semi-trailers and boxcars from ground level. They can be used in places where permanent loading docks do not exist, such as farm fields or construction sites, or as a cost effective way to expand material handling capabilities. Portability provides the flexibility to load and unload trailers close to the storage location, which can significantly reduce transportation distances in large facilities. This course will cover the basic features and safe operating guidelines for portable loading ramps.
- Describe the purpose of portable loading ramps
- Describe how to choose the correct ramp size
- List the items required to ensure safe use of portable loading ramps
- Describe how to safely drive a forklift on the ramp
- OSHA 29 CFR 1910.176 - Material Handling
- OSHA 29 CFR 1910.178 - Forklift Safety
16 Minutes (10 min. video + 6 min. test)
PLEASE NOTE: All DVDs include a link printed on the inside cover for customers to download printable tests and other documents.