NFPA 70E is the Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace. It establishes safe practices for working with or near electrical equipment and was created to protect workers from two major electrical dangers, electric shock and arc flash. This course provides an introduction to NFPA 70E and summarizes some of its important safety guidelines, including safety boundaries around electrical equipment, personal protective equipment requirements, and some requirements for electrical equipment and devices.
- Why NFPA 70E was created
- The electrical hazards it was created to protect against
- How NFPA 70E and OSHA regulations relate to each other
- Safety boundaries around electrical equipment
- Personal protective equipment requirements
- Some requirements for electrical equipment and devices
- Some employer requirements for maintaining a workplace free of electrical hazards
26 Minutes (16 min. video + 10 min. test)
PLEASE NOTE: All DVDs include a link printed on the inside cover for customers to download printable tests and other documents.