Lasers have become an integral part of society. Due to their ability to carry large amounts of data with little or no signal degradation over long distances, they are commonly used in fiber optic communication systems. Use this course to learn safe work practices around Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation (LASERs). This course covers the theory of laser light, how lasers work, types of lasers, laser classifications, laser hazards, low-power laser hazards, and laser pointer safety guidelines.
- What laser light is
- How lasers work
- The different types of lasers
- The differences between each laser classification
- Different engineering and administrative controls
- The difference between specular reflection and diffuse reflection
- Laser hazards and safety guidelines
- OSHA STD 01-05-001 - PUB 8-1.7
24 Minutes (15 min. video + 9 min. test)
PLEASE NOTE: All DVDs include a link printed on the inside cover for customers to download printable tests and other documents.