Broken and dislocated bones are a common injury in all walks of life, including at the workplace. By following safe work practices, properly guarding hazards, and wearing appropriate PPE, these injuries can be avoided. However, in some cases, broken bones will still occur. In this course you’ll learn some different types of broken bones and dislocations and how to provide first aid for them. You’ll also get some guidelines for when it’s necessary to summon emergency medical assistance to transport the person for additional medical care after first aid is provided.
- Explain what a broken bone is
- List some symptoms of broken bones
- Explain when to arrange for emergency medical transport for a person with a broken bone
- Explain how to provide first aid for a broken bone
- Explain how to create and secure a splint
- List some symptoms of a fractured rib
- Explain how to provide first aid for a fractured rib
- Explain what a dislocation is
- Explain how to provide first aid for a dislocation
16 Minutes (10 min. video + 6 min. test)
PLEASE NOTE: All DVDs include a link printed on the inside cover for customers to download printable tests and other documents.