People can have difficulty breathing for many reasons; these can be universally referred to as breathing emergencies. Breathing emergencies can be caused by choking, a punctured lung, an allergic reaction, exposure to chemicals or other toxins, asthma, and other causes. In this course you’ll learn more about the causes of breathing emergencies, symptoms of breathing emergencies, how to provide first aid, and you'll get guidance on calling for emergency medical assistance.
- List some causes of breathing emergencies
- List some symptoms of breathing emergencies
- Describe some initial first aid for a breathing emergency
- Explain what the Heimlich maneuver is
- Explain when to perform the Heimlich maneuver
- Describe how to perform the Heimlich maneuver
- Explain when to provide artificial respiration
- Explain how to provide artificial respiration
- Explain when to provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
17 Minutes (11 min. video + 6 min. test)
PLEASE NOTE: All DVDs include a link printed on the inside cover for customers to download printable tests and other documents.