Escape Respirators and SCSRs
Discuss the different types of hazardous atmospheres that require escape respirators, how to select, inspect, and put on a self-contained self-rescuer, also called an SCSR, as well as how to use an SCSR.
Training Time: 32 Minutes
A respirator is a piece of personal protective equipment that guards the user against hazards in the air. There are many types of respirators and each type protects its user from a specific airborne hazard. Escape respirators allow a person who works in a normally safe environment enough time to escape if a respiratory hazard suddenly occurs. This course will discuss the different types of hazardous atmospheres that require escape respirators, how to select, inspect, and put on a self-contained self-rescuer, also called an SCSR, as well as how to use an SCSR.
- Explain what an escape respirator is
- List the two main types of escape respirators
- Explain typical hazardous atmospheres that call for escape respirators
- Explain what a self-contained self-rescuer is
- Explain how to select an appropriate escape respirator
- List the items to look for when inspecting a self- contained self-rescuer
- List in order the steps to properly don a self-contained self-rescuer
- List factors to consider when using a self-contained self-rescuer
32 Minutes (20 min. video + 12 min. test)
PLEASE NOTE: All DVDs include a link printed on the inside cover for customers to download printable tests and other documents.