Air-supplying respirators are one of two major classes of respirators (the other being air-purifying respirators). This course explains the basics of air-supplying respirators, including the three major types: self-contained breathing apparatuses, or SCBAs; supplied-air respirators (SARS), also called airline respirators; and combination respirators. Topics covered include uses, inspection, maintenance, cleaning, and storage of air-supplying respirators.
- Differentiate between an air-supplying respirator and an air-purifying respirator
- Identify situations in which air-supplying respirators are commonly used
- List three types of air-supplying respirators
- List some characteristics of each type of air-supplying respirator
- Describe general requirements for air-supplying respirator medical evaluations, fit tests, and seal checks
- Describe general requirements for air-supplying respirator inspection, maintenance, cleaning, and storage
26 Minutes (16 min. video + 10 min. test)
PLEASE NOTE: All DVDs include a link printed on the inside cover for customers to download printable tests and other documents.