Aerial work platforms provide a temporary workspace as an alternative to ladders or scaffolding. They can be used to perform inspection, maintenance, or repairs. This course describes basic types of aerial work platforms and how to work with them safely. It provides an overview of safety requirements, controls, preparation, work rules, hazards, and other safety precautions related to elevated platforms. This course discusses vertical towers, articulating boom platforms, aerial ladders, and extensible boom platforms.
Topics Covered in This Course:
- Types of Aerial Work Platforms
- Requirements for equipment and controls
- Considerations that must be taken prior to operating an aerial work platform
- Safe work practices when working with and around aerial work platforms
- Existing hazards of aerial work platforms
20 Minutes (12 min. video + 8 min. test)
PLEASE NOTE: All DVDs include a link printed on the inside cover for customers to download printable tests and other documents.